Friday 22 July 2016

8 Frightening Stages Of Watching 'Mortal Kombat: Annihilation' On Netflix

If you're like me, you exhaust your Netflix movie options fairly quick, so when a new movie hits the stream, you can't wait to jump on that.

This weekend I decided to try the 1997 film "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation." And how quickly I realized, hmm, this may have been a mistake.

STAGE 1 - ENERGY


MORTAL KOMBAAAAT! DUHNAH DUHNAH DUHNAH DUHNAH DAH NAH! That opening music still gets you pumped. You can't teach these moves.


STAGE  2 - LESS ENERGY


Dial it down. A lot of movie left. Future self might argue "too much" movie.


STAGE 3 - UNFAMILIARITY


Hmm, the film starts off where the last one ended. But half of the main characters are played by different actors. Who are these people?


 STAGE 4 - HALLUCINATION


Oh dear, this opening sequence. Was this CGI actually done on a computer or with scissors and a glue stick? 

Where am I? Am I still I? I feel different. This whole place feels very different. Almost like even I've been replaced with another actor ...


 STAGE 5 - DENIAL


Oh, no. ... No, no, no, no, no. Wait, this movie was made for $30 million and grossed $50 million? That's ... simply not possible.


STAGE 6 - EXHAUSTION


"Holy exposition, I have to lay down," said Andy, laying down on the couch that he always enjoyed laying down on, except when he didn't enjoy laying down on it.


 STAGE 7 - SENSITIVITY TO LIGHT


No, I have to lay down further. I have to lay down deep. Hidden. So cold.


 STAGE 8 - WITHDRAWING INTO A DYSTOPIAN FANTASY REALM WITH ANIMAL FRIENDS


Must. Photoshop. Pain. Away... The mutant rats in this post-apocalyptic city of ruins are my friends now.


"You're safe now," says my new mutant rat friend, affectionately scurrying across my brow. "'Mortal Kombat: Annihilation' can't hurt you anymore."

No, rat friend. It will always hurt.

Total viewing time elapsed: 13 minutes, 48 seconds.

Forever mood: Cheering on planet-conquering evil.






Also on HuffPost:

-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.













Source: http://feeds.huffingtonpost.com/c/35496/f/677553/s/4b7523b8/sc/28/l/0L0Shuffingtonpost0N0C20A150C110 ... and provided by entertainment-movie-news.com

No comments:

Post a Comment