Wednesday 28 January 2015

Julianne Moore's Real Name Isn't Julianne Moore

Unless you've lived on a deserted island with no access to popular movies since the mid-'90s, you probably know who Julianne Moore is. But what if we told you that Julianne Moore isn't actually Julianne Moore after all?! (Don't move back to your island. She'll explain.)

"When I went to join SAG as Julie Smith, they were like, 'There's a Julie Smith, there's a Julie Anne Smith. You have to choose another name,'" the 54-year-old told the Hollywood Reporter.

So how did the "Still Alice" star come up with her moniker?

"My dad's name was Peter Moore Smith, and my mother's name was Anne Smith, and I used both their names so I wouldn't hurt anybody's feelings," she said.

But the actress said she goes by Julianne Moore for business only.

"I mean, everyone calls me Julie -- everyone," she said.

So if you ever get so lucky as to befriend her, remember: it's Julie.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/28/julianne-moore-real-name_n_6564334.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news&ir=Weird+News and provided by entertainment-movie-news.com

No comments:

Post a Comment